This contains some thoughts on what I want to get done in 2020.
While I didn’t really achieve all my goals in 2019, I got a decent amount of things done and learnt quite a bit about myself.
Please feel free to make a copy of this, edit it however you want to and use it as you please.
One of the things I’ve realised through the past 2 years that I’ve done this is that tracking and doing these things has effectively modified my lifestyle to the point where I’m certain that even if I didn’t track a significant number of my goals I would get them done to a reasonable extent.
I’ve figured out that 8/16 goals that I have fall into this category. I’ve decided to call it lifestyle.
When it comes to the blog I’ve decided that apart from my reading updates and goal updates, I’m going to try to stick to long form content, so, I’m looking to write 1 long form (>2500 words) post every month rather than a bunch of short posts. So, I fully expect the number of posts on the blog to reduce going forward.
The second category of goals that I have are purely measured in terms of number of hours of effort I put into them.
There are 3 goals in this category :
- Running - no longer measured by KM, but, by time spent running
- Deep Work - Amount of time I spend doing ‘Deep Work’ - will be using the pomodoro method initially
- Content - Amount of time I spend creating content
The next category is purely outcome driven goals, some of them below :
- Start my company - This is priority no 1 for the year and I’m on it. This is a binary goal, it happens or it doesn’t.
- Podcast - Create 2 new episodes for my or someone elses podcast this year
- Old Friends - Get in touch a significant number of friends from my past
I titled this post vision 20/20 because I wanted to be pretentious about it while making a cheap pun.
I’m very clear on what I want to get done this year, if you’d like to help, do get in touch.
I hope this is of help to somebody.
Thanks for reading