Tags[reading-update] [books] [musings] [productivity] [goals] [content] [updates] [poetry] [noise] [psychology] [design-thinking] [introduction] [feynman-technique] [youtube] [short-story] [senses] [new-year] [life] [channel] [chanakya] [arthashastra] [politics] [meditation] [ubi] [travel] [statistics] [podcasts] [philosophy] [nature] [meta-tic-tac-toe] [limerick] [jio] [israel] [india] [incerto] [haiku] [gita] [fiction] [essays] [debate] [data] [culture] [anger] [aesthetics]
While I have written about shutting out the noise, I do think there is a lot of good content out there.
One of the things I started do a few years ago was actually curate the content I consume rather than follow the feed that it gives me.
I turned off my YouTube search and watch history because I found YouTube recommendations irrelevant more often than not ( read noise )
Then, I searched for good quality original content that is not merely a commentary but focuses on specific topics.
These are some YouTube channels with great content that I’ve found over the past 3 years.
For this post I’ll focus on two topics, Business and History.
- Business Casual : This channel releases videos covering different companies, their growth/stagnation/fall or about specific people. I think they product some great quality content.
- Company man : This is similar to business casual, but, is a newer channel so the frequency of uploads is much higher. I also think the person behind this is a little more candid with the content, which tends to make it more fun.
- Historia Civilis : This is my go to channel whenever I have 30 minutes to kill and want to learn about Roman history. The channel description says ‘Rome freak’ , they’re true to the name. Incredible content, highly recommended.
- BazBattles : Tends to more focused on battles in medieval history rather than just events, great content here too. Definitely consume a lot of history related content through this channel.
- HistoryBuffs : This is a different take on history related content. This channel takes movies and evaluates them for their historical accuracy. Hope this helps you consume better content.